Call for applications for tenure-track faculty position
The Center for Mathematical Sciences (Centro de Ciencias Matemáticas, CCM) is one of the most important institutions dedicated to mathematics research in México. It is situated in Morelia and belongs to the National Autonomous University of México (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, UNAM), one of the largest and most important universities in Latin America. For more information see https://www.matmor.unam.mx
Tenure-track faculty position in Algebraic Geometry. Call for Applications
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 27 February, 2022
STARTING DATE: August 1, 2022 (flexible)
The CCM currently has 25 faculty members working in the following areas (see also https://www.matmor.unam.mx/en/research): Algebraic Combinatorics, Algebraic Geometry, Algebraic Topology, Biomathematics, Classical and Quantum Gravity, Differential Geometry, Discrete Geometry, Dynamical Systems, Foundations of Quantum Theory, General Topology, Geometric Group Theory, Mathematical Logic and Foundations, Number Theory, Partial Differential Equations, and Representation Theory.
The position is mostly research oriented, but also includes teaching duties of one course per semester at the graduate or undergraduate level. Further duties include supervision of students at graduate (masters and PhD) and undergraduate level. Participation in academic-administrative tasks is also expected as well as in outreach activities. For the first few years, contracts will be reviewed on an annual basis. The remuneration is competitive.
1. Application letter addressed to Dr. Abel Castorena, Director of the CCM, specifying the reasons for working at the CCM. Include the applicant's postal address and email address in the letter.
2. A copy of the official Ph.D. degree certificate.
3. Updated curriculum vitae.
4. List of published articles and preliminary versions of finished papers, indicating which publications the candidate considers most important (at most 5).
5. In a document of at least two, but not more than four pages, present a research project that briefly describes the research that is proposed to be carried out at the CCM.
6. Contact details for at least two referees that have agreed to provide letters of recommendation.
Applicants are invited to follow the procedure outlined on the homepage of the CCM: https://www.matmor.unam.mx
The internal Board will make interviews to the most qualified candidates to fill the position and will come to a decision on the selection process in April 2022.
Further information: Dr. Ferran Valdez, email:ferranmatmor.unam.mx