Call for applications for research positions (Mathematics)
The Center for Mathematical Sciences (Centro de Ciencias Matemáticas, CCM) is one of the top five institutions dedicated to mathematics research in Mexico. It is situated in Morelia and belongs to the National Autonomous University of Mexico (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, UNAM), one of the largest and most important universities in Latin America.
Tenure-track faculty position - September 2019 - Call for Applications
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 17 May 2019
STARTING DATE: September 1 2019 (flexible)
The CCM is inviting applications for a tenure-track faculty position to start between 1 September and 1 Octubre, 2019.
The CCM currently has 24 faculty members working in the following areas: Algebraic Combinatorics, Algebraic Geometry, Algebraic Topology, Biomathematics, Classical and Quantum Gravity, Differential Geometry, Discrete Geometry, Dynamical Systems, Foundations of Quantum Theory, General Topology, Mathematical Logic and Foundations, Number Theory, Partial Differential Equations, Representation Theory. Applications are welcome in these and related areas.
The position is mostly research oriented, but also includes teaching duties of one course per semester at the graduate or undergraduate level. Further duties include supervision of students at graduate (masters and PhD) and undergraduate level. Participation in academic-administrative tasks is also expected as well as in outreach activities. For the first few years, contracts will be reviewed on an annual basis. The remuneration is competitive.
The applicant is expected to have the following qualifications:
1. Ph.D. in mathematics or in a related field.
2. Two years of postdoctoral experience.
3. Published research work.
The applicant must provide (upload at Research Position Form application ) the following documentation:
1. A cover letter of interest (the letter should include a statement from the candidate explaining the motive for the application, a postal and an electronic addresses and a phone number of the applicant).
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae.
3. A copy of the Ph.D. degree certificate.
4. A research project, written in at most two pages.
5. A complete list of publications in research journals (please send reprints and preprints of accepted papers).
The selection process concludes 30 June 2019